Happiest Baby Educator Certification Program
We are an educational program created to:
- Strengthen Families
- Promote Parent Confidence
- Increase Sleep
- Reduce Crying
- Prevent Postpartum Depression
- Improve Breastfeeding Success
- Promote Safe Sleep Practices
- Reduce Child Abuse and Neglect
Parents routinely leave their new babies alone – in dark quiet – for many hours each day. Yet, since infants are cuddled, shushed and jiggled 24/7 in the womb…this deep stillness is actually a form of sensory deprivation! Removed from all soothing rhythms, infants cry more and sleep less. And, the stress this may cause can crush a new parent’s confidence and provoke depression, breastfeeding failure, risky sleeping practices and shaken baby syndrome.
The Happiest Baby promotes three key concepts based on Dr. Harvey Karp’s insights into infant development:
- The Missing 4th Trimester – During the first three months after birth, babies need many hours of rocking and holding, mimicking the constant nurturing they enjoyed in the womb.
- The Calming Reflex – A newly observed, neonatal reflex that can soothe a young baby’s crying.
- The 5 S’s – Five specific ways to imitate the womb and turn on the Calming Reflex.
In this training, educators learn exactly what is needed to know to quickly boost parent confidence and teach valuable skills to quickly calm most crying and to promote better, safer sleep.
Certification Program Components:
Happiest Baby offers the Educator Certification Program in a physical version (materials shipped to the educator) or an online version (materials accessed via our website). Upon enrollment in either option, you will receive training tools, certification exam, and a class preparatio