Individuals interested in certifying for the Happiest Baby Educator Program must have one of the following:

  1. Certification or licensure in a pregnancy/infant care related specialty (for example, childbirth education, lactation, doula, nursing, midwife, massage therapists, PNP, PA, etc.)
  2. At least 1 year of teaching experience as a parent educator (for example, La Leche League, teen or adult parenting classes, child care instructors, WIC counselors, adoption and foster care workers, and child abuse counselors)
  3. License or advanced degree in a mental health profession